today i thought about how lucky i am to have lived the life that i have already lived.
i have been able to do SO many incredible things...
make so many incredible memories...
meet so many incredible people...


not only was i thinking about how lucky i am for that, but how lucky am i that i get to KEEP experiencing new things?! like as amazing as this is, it isn't even the end. not even close.

nah, man.



there are so many experiences that i haven't had yet.

i haven't graduated college!

i haven't eaten at a five star restaurant.

i haven't been outside of the country.

i haven't ridden a bike along the ocean.

i haven't promised my whole life and heart away to a man that i love by creating a sacred, new family through marriage.

i haven't held my babies in my arms.

i haven't cried because i'm an awful cook and didn't know what i was thinking trying to be a young wife/mother.

i haven't become the best me that i'm going to be someday...



but there are a lot of things that i have done.



i have been born!


i received an education!


i have tried new things and loved them.


i've been to the happiest place on earth


i've made a life-long friend that has molded me into who i am today.



i've watched life...happen.


i got to be in my favourite musical!


i did...this once. hahahahahahahahaha


i have had corrective surgery that changed my life.


i won 1st place at being an old lady my freshman year.


my first big-kid job was somewhere awesome.


i learned how to dance.



i met this guy.


i did this!


i've faced my fears.


i've biked from stansbury to grantsville...and that's a HUGE deal.


these two became like...the best thing of my life.


i've been paint balling!


this boy came...changed my life...and never left my side.
...kind of.


i got to be a princess.


twice.


and mostly...i'm running out of steam now...and it's four thirty in the morning...(WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?)

really what i was TRYING to get at this whole time, is that actually the majority of the really awesome stuff that i've ever done in my whole entire short life, has happened in this past year. even though all of this rad stuff happened previous to that, there was so much jam-packed into these past 12 months. what an incredible year of growth, and change, and self-discoveries.

i can't wait to see what this next year brings.

memory lane.

Posted on

Saturday, March 2

1 Comment
  1. Absolutely love this. Yes, you have been incredibly blessed, but you have also had the courage to march to the beat of your own beautiful drum and make a beautiful life.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete